Food Preparation, and Techniques
There are a variety of ways to prepare food. Food can be baked, cooked, boiled, dried, blended, frozen, fermented – just to name a few of the basics. Here you can discover and learn simple to complex methods to preparing tasty, healthy, incredible meals.
- Meal Preparation – Planning the meal
- Food Preparation – Requires the selection of food or foods, measurement of these food ingredients, the combination in which the food ingredients will be used, and method of how the food ingredients will be handled in order to achieve a certain result
- Cooking – the method in which the food ingredients will be prepared for eating, which encompasses a large range of methods, tools and combinations, for an end result that is flavorful and digestible
- Basic Food Preparation Techniques – There are many techniques in which food can be prepared, including baking, broiling, frying, microwaving, roasting, hot smoking, drying, fermenting, and pickling to name a few
- Mechanical Food Preparation Techniques – Food can be blended, chopped, sliced, diced, milled, and so forth to create a certain consistency for combining, digestibility, and for visual aesthetics
Food storage is a very important part of eating healthy, as well as food preparation. If food is not properly stored, it can become rancid and spoiled, and make you sick if consumed. It can also damage other foods stored near it. The better the storage method, the longer the food will last, and the safer, healthier, and more flavorful the food will be. Discover some great techniques and methods for preserving food in this section.
- How to properly store fresh, whole fruits and vegetables
- Best storage containers for keeping food in the refrigerator and or freezer
- Which foods can be stored in the freezer for long-term
- Which foods can be stored in the cupboard for long-term
- How to properly store nuts, seeds, and legumes
- How to select foods that will stay fresh longer
- Other methods of storing and preserving food